Starting a Business
Everyone has had a dream at some time of starting their own business. For some, this becomes a reality. The statistics for new business failure in the first three years is daunting, but with proper planning, advice and support from the outset, you can increase your chances of success considerably.
We offer a free initial consultation lasting up to two hours to anyone who is in the process of starting a new business. If this is a step you are looking to take, it is important to have the right professional advice in the planning stages to help you define your future plans. This can help to avoid making potentially costly mistakes. We will then help you nurture your new business to reach its full potential.
We will provide you with a copy of our New Business Kit for your future reference.
At Shapcotts Accountants, we tailor the package to meet your requirements. Our packages include:
- Status advice
- Helping you decide on the most suitable structure for your business; limited company, limited liability partnership, ordinary partnership or sole trader.
- Tax advice based on each structure.
- Incorporation Service.
- Assisting you with formation of a company and providing you with the details needed to control this.
- Cash flow Projection and Business Plan.
- We can produce a business plan which includes a projected profit and loss account, balance sheet and a cash flow forecast.
- Identifying borrowing requirements which will be necessary for acquiring bank loans.
- Budgeting to help benchmark expected costs against actual costs.
- Once the business is ready to start we can discuss support from our other packages.
Once the business is ready to start we can discuss support from our other services. Check out more information in Managing a Business.
Once you have made the decision that a Limited Company is the right route to go, we can arrange the incorporation of the company.
Our Company Formation Package includes:
- Provision of specialist advice on company formation
- Completion of formation documents
- Advice on company structure
- Assisting with Shareholders’ Agreements
- Meeting to discuss director responsibilities
- Assisting with Directors’ Agreements
- We can then, if required, deal with all company secretarial compliance work and provide our own office address as the registered office address for your company
Once a company has been formed, there are a number of formal obligations that must be completed each year.
For smaller and medium sized companies without the appropriate personnel, it may be necessary to outsource this role. At Shapcotts Accountants we will ensure that your company complies with its obligation under company law by offering the following:
- Provision of a full Company Secretarial Service
- Provision of Registered Office Facility
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns
- Guidance on board and shareholder meetings and related minutes
- Company searches
- Maintenance of statutory records
- Providing general advice on company law
Please contact us on 01332 680540 or email us to discuss the services that you require.